Reflexology for Stress and Anxiety
Reflexology, sometimes called"energy medicine," is an alternative health practice involving the use of force to specific pressure points in your feet and hands. This is normally done with no use of lotion or oil. There are many people who believe that reflexology may be a viable treatment for many ailments. However, this practice is not recommended for some of the following:
- Chronic pain - This should not be combined with traditional medicine, especially for chronic pain. Reflexology, as stated before, doesn't treat pain or illness; it only corrects the imbalances within your body systems that are causing the pain. A balance on your nervous system, hormonal system, immune system, and cardiovascular system are essential to the healing of any disease, including pain. Applying pressure reflexology can in fact aggravate pain, just as if it were the part of the body where the pain was originating from.
- Stress - If you suffer from anxiety, you might encounter reflexology as a complication. Reflexology allows for increased blood circulation, which offers relief from anxiety and increases your body's ability to heal itself. But if you suffer from anxiety, you should first ask your doctor for the appropriate treatment. Reflexology isn't a cure for anxiety. It's simply another way of managing your anxiety by increasing blood circulation.
- Stress - Stressful symptoms can be alleviated by applying reflexology. You can enhance the quality of your life by reducing anxiety, tension, and nervousness. Stress can interfere with your concentration and cause aches and pains throughout your body. Reflexology can help alleviate these symptoms and promote relaxation in your nerves and muscles. Massage enhances the comfort benefits of reflexology, therefore effectively speeding up the effects of reflexology.
- Anxiety - Reflexology can also relieve pain. Your toes are a sensitive part of the body. When you apply pressure on your toes, you're transferring energy from your hands to your feet. This transfer of energy relieves tension, improves circulation, stimulates nerves, and promotes relaxation. Reflexology can also alleviate pain due to muscle stiffness and spasms.
- Tinnitus - Some people today suffer from tinnitus, which can be an annoying ringing sound that can only be heard by the person who's affected. For others, tinnitus can be a symptom of many problems, or may even be a sign of more serious disease. A reflexologist can often find out the reason for tinnitus and teach you how you can control it. Reflexology can increase blood circulation to your ears, thus helping to decrease the noise. The results can be relaxing, however you will have to continue the reflexology techniques on a regular basis to get the maximum benefits.
- Reduce Stress - Stress and anxiety may lead to several other health problems, including digestive problems and lower back pain. Reflexology can help you relax your body and your mind. By increasing the blood flow in the human body, reflexology can reduce pain and promote overall wellbeing. In addition, it can decrease stress and anxiety. Your stress level and your life quality can impact every area of your life.
Reflexology can benefit you in several ways but shouldn't be undertaken as a stand-alone therapy. You should always speak with your doctor prior to starting any bodywork or massage treatment to make certain that it will not interfere 출장마사지 with any present medications or illnesses you may be suffering from. Always keep in mind that Reflexology is a holistic form of alternative medicine, so it shouldn't replace the advice of your medical professional. However, if you do choose to pursue Reflexology as a part of your regular medical care, you can reap the benefits by feeling good about your body, being more conscious of its systems and organs, and reducing the anxiety and stress in your life.